Eccles RFC aim to ensure that all players and teams have access to appropriate first aid supplies at all times. To facilitate this the following arrangements are in place:
1. Each team will be assigned a first aid kit, via their coach/captain/manager, which will contain the following items:
- 2 Disposable Gloves
- 1 Instant Ice Pack – Only to be used for away matches when a bag of ice cubes is unavailable
- 1 Steri Strips (3mm) – Adults only
- First Aid Scissors
- Assorted Plasters
- 5 Antiseptic Wipes
- Gauze Swabs (7.5cm x 7.5cm)
- 1 Triangular Bandage
- Safety Pins (pkt of 6)
- 2 Sterile Pads
- 1 Zinc Oxide Tape
- 1 Crepe Bandage (5cm)
- 1 Cotton Bandage (5cm)
- 3 Medium Sterile Dressing (12cm x 12cm)
- 2 Sterile Eye Pads
- 1 Foil Blanket
- 1 Disposable Resuscitation Aid
2. It is the team’s responsibility to keep and maintain that kit. As items are used (or lost) replacements should be sought from Siobhan.
3. A player that is dealing with an injury that would benefit from additional items such as strapping or tape can request these from Siobhan.
4. Captains or coaches that require any additional items such as strapping or tape can request these from Siobhan.
5. Items can be collected from Siobhan during physio hours. If it is not possible for you to collect items during this time alternative arrangements may be made, but this will not include being given access to store cupboards.
6. The physio room at any time will have a range of emergency items available: spinal board/stretcher, blankets, crutches, defibrillator. All other items will be locked away and no attempt should be made to access them other than via the means above.
If you have any questions about the above please contact Mark Greenhalgh.