Sharks Community Trust is looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring team player who can plan, support and deliver high quality rugby/sporting or classroom based activities. You will combine an interest for sport with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills and the ability to engage positively and build relationships with challenging young people.
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: Hourly rate dependent on experience (to be paid via a monthly invoice and candidates will be responsible for their own tax/NI).
Reports to: HITZ Salford Officer
Closing date: 29th February 2016 at 4pm
Interview date: Week commencing 7th March
HITZ is a social inclusion programme that uses rugby and sport to engage and inspire young people. The HITZ Coach will be required to work with 14-19 year olds acting as a mentor and assist delivering sporting sessions to 16-19 NEET young people as well as supporting classroom based session.
The successful candidate will also be expected to help recruit, engage, retain and direct young people onto the HITZ programme.
The position will be based at Eccles Rugby Club. Applicants will ideally hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle.
The successful applicant will be representing Sale Sharks, and must be professional, approachable and personable at all times, promoting themselves and the club in a positive light.
* To develop, in conjunction with the HITZ Project Officer suitable sessions for 14-19 year olds. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the HITZ strategic aims.
* To keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information on the VIEWS system for activities and individuals within those activities.
* To work in partnership with the HITZ Project Officer to recruit young people, retain them, support them to complete the course and progress them on to further education, apprenticeships or a job.
* To work with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people.
* To support other HITZ programmes when required
* Experience of working within a range of environments and with a range of participants
* Good understanding of the local community
* An interest in sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
* An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
* Good organisation and time management skills
* Excellent communication and motivation skills
* Willingness to work flexible hours
* An ability to inspire others
* Level 1 in a sports coaching award
* Degree qualified – strong academic record
* Experience in working with NEET young people
* Experience of working in an educational setting with knowledge of assessment and monitoring and evaluation
* A valid driving license and access to own vehicle
The successful candidate will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check to work with children and vulnerable adults.
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience and why you are suitable for the job to: Tom Leader – email@example.com detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header.