Eccles 3rd 38 v Bury 2nd 12 24/11/2012

A gloomy day but the thirds bounced back from defeat by the bottom team last week with a sparkling display to upset the odds with a resounding victory over the visitors Bury.Right from the off Eccles were in charge bossing the scrums with Bury not the threatening the home half until 20 minutes into the match but despite this territorial advantage and some dangerous breaks the passing was too lazy to create the scoring chance.The pressure eventually told as the pack drove forward and George Penman standing in at prop ran a great angle to cleave the thorugh the Bury derence for the opening touchdown which Sam Thompson converted ,Eccles were on a bit of a roll and from a scrum and the ball was quickly fed out with centre John Farrell coming onto it like steam train to crash through for the second try with Thompson again adding the extras.The thirds were caught napping as from a rare Bury foray  they were asleep as the visitors surged through a huge gap in the line out  to score an unconverted try. Penman went of injured so Stuart Smith came on as hooker in a rejigged front row and was soon brand viagra overnight delivery in the action driving through and scrambling on with a couple of rollovers to set up Kris Whitehead who was in support to add the third try with Thompson converting. Andy Davies would surely added a fourth but for the invention of Gary Hamer (guesting for yet another club) who hauled him without the ball and still got away without a yeelow card  to leave the score21-5 at the intreval. After the restart Eccles again had most of the play but overplayed it and did not use the support to the greatest effect whilst dropping a few  passes and duly paid the price as Bury snatched another try .Matters could have got interesting  as a wayward pass was intercepted by Bury but then dropped with the path ahead clear. Davies had a galloping run and then chip ahead which almost with a try  but thyen he got do reward finishing off a fine move which involved terrific handling and interplay for the fourth try. Dave Bates and Nick Defue had a couple long runs before flanker John Brookes managed to get a hand on the ball for naother score. Debutant winger John Marsh rounded things off in the minute squeezing by the corner flag for the final try.